Skype video chat application by Microsoft gives the user a feature to connect to their friends, relatives and attend online meetings with video chat. Other than video calling, it also allows computer-to-phone calling, and file sharing feature. Some functions are premium but the basic functions are free to use. Users can opt for packages according to their requirements for international and domestic calling. You must be thinking that Skype is just available for windows because it is acquired by Microsoft, but you’re wrong.
Skype is available for iPhone, Mac, Windows, and Android as well. In this article, we will guide you for skype installation for mac. Before moving towards the steps of installation let’s check the system requirements for Skype.
Also Read: Download Imo For PC
System Requirements for Skype on mac:
- Mac OS 10.9 or higher
- 1 GHz Intel processor
- 1GB of Ram
- Mandatory webcam for video chat
- Internet connection with a good bandwidth
So, if your system meets these basic requirements then click here to download the latest version of Skype for your ease, we have provided you the direct download link.
Steps to Download & Install of Skype:
- Locate the setup file in your computer, by default it should be in the download folder only if you haven’t specified the download path.
- Double click on the setup and the installation process will start.
- Finder windows will now pop up asking you to add skype to the application.
- Drag the Skype logo in the application folder on the screen.
- Now open launchpad in your Mac dock and look for the skype icon, you can also go in your application folder and find it.
- Double click the skype icon to launch it, sign up and start using the Skype services n your mac.
After the sign-up process is done, you can now use the basic features of Skype like sharing photos and other files, instant messages, conference calls.
We hope you face no difficulties in the installation process.